CTDPworld Forums

The community, the place to discuss

Skip to content

rFDynHUD 1.3 Windows 7 64bit problem

Discuss our past or upcoming releases. You have questions concerning our Mods or our software? Ask right away…

Moderators: CoDan, BMWfan, Dahie, Marvin

rFDynHUD 1.3 Windows 7 64bit problem

Postby HuntTheShunt » Fri Jul 20, 2012 12:45 pm

Hi all,
First of this is a great addon and I appreciate the fact that a lot of work has gone into creating it!

I cannot get the new version to work; the old version works ok dated 06/05/2010 (cannot find a version number)
The old version log file make no mention of using d3d9.dll or the system32 directory.

System used for testing is a clean rFactorLite with rFactor.exe swapped for a registered(legal) one.
System run first to check it works.
Then all contents of 7z file added to rFactor directory.
rFactor is run to test the HUD; rFactor crashes when user tries to enter car.
rFDynHUD.log file says that...
Using parent d3d9.dll "G:\Windows\system32\d3d9.dll".
Using Java from folder "G:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jre6".
Creating RFDynHUD instance Version 1.3.0-Beta (build 102)...
end line...
Textures successfully updated.

Renaming the d3d9.dll to d3d9-test.dll rFactor load and would run as normal with no HUD.
So this presumably shows that rFactor is ok since the HUD has been deactivated through not having access to it's d3d9.dll?
Is the problem that the plugin is using the system32 dll first then trying to use the rFactor root rFDynHUD d3d9.dll?

Any ideas people what is going wrong?
What is the difference between the rFDynHUD.log and the date/time stamped name log eg. rfdynhud-2012-07-20_11-05-59.log ?
Last edited by HuntTheShunt on Sat Jul 21, 2012 8:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
HuntTheShunt
Asphaltnuckel

Re: rFDynHUD 1.3 Windows 7 64bit problem

Postby Marvin » Sat Jul 21, 2012 2:39 pm

Your setup looks ok. You do have JRE 6 32 bit installed, which is required. The only thing, that looks uncommon, is the fact, that your system is installed on volume G:. I don't think, there are any requirements by rfDynHUD for it to be installed on C:, but I have never tried or tested it on a setup like that. Can you possibly test it on a system, where C: is the system partition?

The timestamped log files are simply archived log files. When you start rFactor next time, the current rfdynhud.log is renamed to rfdynhud-[timestamp].log and a new rfdynhud.log is created. That's all.
Marvin
Fanboy

Return to CTDP Modifications & Plugins