CTDPworld Forums

The community, the place to discuss

Skip to content

RfdynHUD 1.3.0 and d3d9.dll

Discuss our past or upcoming releases. You have questions concerning our Mods or our software? Ask right away…

Moderators: CoDan, BMWfan, Dahie, Marvin

RfdynHUD 1.3.0 and d3d9.dll

Postby sirwinson » Wed Mar 21, 2012 2:58 am

I sent you an email with the same request but i think that the forum is the proper place... :oops:

Dear rfdynhud developer,
fisrt of all sorry for my English. I am Alex from Italy and fan of your F12006 mod for Rfactor. I try to describe a serious problem i have with your last relase of your plugin rfdynhud (1.3.0).
I used the 1.0.1 with the d3d9.dll put in the main Rfactor folder that was released by someone that granted a great boost of FPS on some Nvidia graphic cards (on my PC the increase was from 35 FPS to 60 FPS - vsync on, max details...) and your necessary d3d9.dll in order to use your plugin renaimed in "d3d9_2.dll" and all worked ok.
Now with the 1.3.0 i hope to do the same thing but if I rename your new d3d9.dll released with the lastest version of your plugin the game crashes. But i cannot use the game without "my" d3d9.dll that is helpful for the lack of performance of the graphic card.
Please, can you help me? Thank you for your time.
Alex
sirwinson
Asphaltnuckel

Re: RfdynHUD 1.3.0 and d3d9.dll

Postby Marvin » Wed Mar 21, 2012 12:02 pm

If there is a d3d9_2.dll in the rf root folder, it is loaded by rfDynHUD instead of the original d3d9.dll to enable exaclty this kind of chaining. So, if you rename rfDynHUD's d3d9.dll to d3d9_2.dll, it leads itself, which will crash. Hence you need to rename the d3d9.dll coming with the nvidia fix, using this one as host.
Marvin
Fanboy

Postby sirwinson » Wed Mar 21, 2012 3:05 pm

If I understood... in the rfactor folder:
d3d9.dll (your d3d9.dll) and d3d9_2.dll (nvidia fpsfix). Using this solution the application does not start.
With the 1.0.1 i used the rfdynhud d3d9.dll as d3d9_2.dll and the fpsfix as d3d9.dll and all worked ok. Why not with thr new version?
Regards, Alex
sirwinson
Asphaltnuckel

Postby sirwinson » Wed Mar 21, 2012 4:15 pm

I add more informations...
http://www.rfactorcentral.com/detail.cf ... 0FPS%20Fix (i hope i can post this link of rfactorcentral)

"Installation:

Put the included d3d9.dll in your rFactor root folder.

If you want to use the HDR plugin, rename that plugin to d3d9_2.dll. As a result, in your rfactor folder you should have 2 files: d3d9.dll (my DLL), and d3d9_2.dll (the HDR plugin)."

So, following this instructions with the 1.0.1 I used rfdynHUD' dll as "d3d9_2.dll" and all was ok. With the 1.3.0 i cannot do this :cry:
I understood your previuous post but if I use the FPSfix' dll as d3d9_2.dll i have this message : HotPacket_over_Winsock: rfactor.exe - Application error.
sirwinson
Asphaltnuckel

Postby HuntTheShunt » Thu Jul 19, 2012 10:41 am

Hi all,
I have download 1.3 and in the *.7z file there is a d3d9.dll at the rFactor root as expected but that file will not show on my window 7 64 bit PC.

If I drag the file to a folder I have full permissions for I get a message...
You'll need to provide admin permissions t move this file.
Which I then say Continue on the admin button.

Then I get...
Item Not found - This is no longer located in the users\username\AppData\Local\Temp\then a directory owned by the WinRar I am extracting with\rFactor. Verify the item's location and try again.

If I do a normal extract all files to a rFactor folder I get all the rfDynHUD files as expected minus the needed d3d9.dll ;(

The same thing happens with WinRar or 7-Zip

Any ideas people?

Thanks.
HuntTheShunt
Asphaltnuckel

Return to CTDP Modifications & Plugins