CTDPworld Forums

The community, the place to discuss

Skip to content

rFDynHud - Please help

Discuss our past or upcoming releases. You have questions concerning our Mods or our software? Ask right away…

Moderators: CoDan, BMWfan, Dahie, Marvin

rFDynHud - Please help

Postby ChildcarRacing » Tue Jan 10, 2012 6:31 pm

Hi, I have just installed rFDynHud. It is LEGEND!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :)

I just need to ask a few questions to sort a few problems.

First off, it has a driver name at the bottom right of the screen. I would like it to stay on the driver being viewed. But it keeps changing to whoever last passed the middle of the screen. Say if Hamilton is the driver being viewed and he is coming up to lap Ricciardo and Ricciardo is visible on the screen, it changes to saying D. Ricciardo and doesn't change back to L. Hamilton till Hamilton passes the middle of the screen. I'd like the driver name to stay on the driver being viewed. Can you please tell me how to sort that?

Second off, you know, during a real F1 race, it shows the Standings at the end of each lap like this
1. S Vettel 5. F Alonso
2. L Hamilton 6. N Rosberg
3. J Button 7. F Massa
4. M Webber 8. V Petrov
Is it possible to have that in rFDynHud? If so, can you please send me a link to a Standings Widget, from F1 2011 if possible.

Finally, you know at the end of a race in real F1, it says
Winner
S. Vettel
Is it possible to have that in rFDynHud? If so, can you please send me a link to a Winner Widget, from F1 2011 if possible.

Thanks in advance for any help. Also thanks CTDP for making rFDynHud :)
ChildcarRacing
Asphaltnuckel

Re: rFDynHud - Please help

Postby Marvin » Tue Jan 10, 2012 11:37 pm

ChildcarRacing wrote:Hi, I have just installed rFDynHud. It is LEGEND!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :)

ChildcarRacing wrote:First off, it has a driver name at the bottom right of the screen. I would like it to stay on the driver being viewed. But it keeps changing to whoever last passed the middle of the screen. Say if Hamilton is the driver being viewed and he is coming up to lap Ricciardo and Ricciardo is visible on the screen, it changes to saying D. Ricciardo and doesn't change back to L. Hamilton till Hamilton passes the middle of the screen. I'd like the driver name to stay on the driver being viewed. Can you please tell me how to sort that?

By default rfDynHUD always switches to the currently viewed driver. So this is exactly, what you want. The problem is, that rFactor doesn't tell its plugins, which vehicle is currently being viewed. So we have to calculate this from the vehicle closest to the camera. If you're using the swingman camera, this can be quite tricky and can lead to wrong results. Or course it becomes even worse, if you use cameras, that are farer away from the viewed vehicle like trackside cams. There's nothing, we can do in that case.

The only option, we can offer you, is to fix the (assumed) viewed vehicle to your very own one through an input action. Have a look at the input bindings editor in the rfDynHUD editor (Tools menu).

ChildcarRacing wrote:Second off, you know, during a real F1 race, it shows the Standings at the end of each lap like this
1. S Vettel 5. F Alonso
2. L Hamilton 6. N Rosberg
3. J Button 7. F Massa
4. M Webber 8. V Petrov
Is it possible to have that in rFDynHud? If so, can you please send me a link to a Standings Widget, from F1 2011 if possible.

Finally, you know at the end of a race in real F1, it says
Winner
S. Vettel
Is it possible to have that in rFDynHud? If so, can you please send me a link to a Winner Widget, from F1 2011 if possible.

Yes, this is both possible. But none of the standard Widgets does that. You can have a look at Prunn's WidgetSet (don't have the link with me). It does a lot of nice stuff.
Marvin
Fanboy

Postby ChildcarRacing » Wed Jan 11, 2012 5:51 pm

I have tried to search for the top 8 standings and winner widgets by prunn but I can't seem to find it. Please can I have a link if possible?
ChildcarRacing
Asphaltnuckel

Postby Marvin » Wed Jan 11, 2012 9:36 pm

Marvin
Fanboy

Postby ChildcarRacing » Tue Jan 17, 2012 5:24 pm

I have got Prunn's Widget Set, it displays the winner at the end of the race.
But it doesn't have the standings display I would like. It has the three letter code standings display but not the real F1 full name display. The standings I would like is these standings

https://8934408604670285412-a-180274477 ... edirects=0

ChildcarRacing
Asphaltnuckel

Postby Marvin » Tue Jan 17, 2012 9:27 pm

Well, then you desired view currently doesn't exist. You'd have to create a Widget on your own. You should checkout the code from github to see an example for the current standard Widgets.
Marvin
Fanboy

Return to CTDP Modifications & Plugins