CTDPworld Forums

The community, the place to discuss

Skip to content

Leagues on CTDP 2006

Discuss our past or upcoming releases. You have questions concerning our Mods or our software? Ask right away…

Moderators: CoDan, BMWfan, Dahie, Marvin

Leagues on CTDP 2006

Postby Enriko » Tue Aug 04, 2009 6:35 am

Hi, I am Enriko from Slovakia form LiB_F1 league, and after a season on F1RFT mod we are going to change on CTDP 06 mod.
We are 16 people in one league and going to try the real physic and our skins.

I have some questions:

1.) Is the Safety Car working properly in this mod? because in F1RFT it works very badly, so we must turn it off.
2.) What about trackpacks for this mod? I have allready readed, that some tracks has special setup packs in this mod, so they will work properly.
3.) What about tyres, a read that there are 10 types of tyres, but thats too much for us... we need only 2-3 types.. can we set these things somewhere?

For this time thank you,... :)

http://www.libf1.info
Enriko
Asphaltnuckel

Re: Leagues on CTDP 2006

Postby mediocre » Tue Aug 04, 2009 8:42 am

Enriko wrote:Hi, I am Enriko from Slovakia form LiB_F1 league, and after a season on F1RFT mod we are going to change on CTDP 06 mod.
We are 16 people in one league and going to try the real physic and our skins.

I have some questions:

1.) Is the Safety Car working properly in this mod? because in F1RFT it works very badly, so we must turn it off.
2.) What about trackpacks for this mod? I have allready readed, that some tracks has special setup packs in this mod, so they will work properly.
3.) What about tyres, a read that there are 10 types of tyres, but thats too much for us... we need only 2-3 types.. can we set these things somewhere?

For this time thank you,... :)

http://www.libf1.info

Hi, I haven't been involved into 2006 and haven't been to keen on finding out every detail, but as my league has driven CTDP 2006 as well (for two races :lol:), let me try to help you. :) You've got a nice homepage by the way.

1. I think the safety car behavior doesn't depend on the mod but the settings being made by the game. As a league I would recommend to deactivate the safety car because the debris and cars are away even before the safety car reaches the scene. ;)
2. As far as I know, there is no "official" trackpack. There's a list with working circuits for the mod, I'm not quite sure where to find it though.
3. Overall, you have 10 (or 9?), but due to the tracksconfigbase, you only get particular tires to one race. So you can have in Interlagos types 2, 3, 4 and in Magny Cours 8, 9, 10. It's chosen automatically though.

Correct me if I'm wrong, mates :P
Last edited by mediocre on Tue Aug 04, 2009 5:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mediocre
Fanboy

Postby Enriko » Tue Aug 04, 2009 3:49 pm

Thank you Mediocre, It was difficult enough to made this page, but it is not still ready... :)

Yeah, thats true with the Safety Car... maybe it will be the asi in the F1RFT mod... we will try.

Why did you use this mod only for 2 races? Did you find better one?

Yes, I know about these track-lists, and also have some tracks that works.

And the tyres, aha, so then it is ok, no problem there... :)

Thank you for your answers... maybe some other possible complications?
Enriko
Asphaltnuckel

Postby mediocre » Tue Aug 04, 2009 5:37 pm

Two races after we switched from F1RFT to CTDP, our league went straight down and we ended up racing with four people. That wasn't worth it and we split up.

In my opinion - and sorry guys, don't want to make you look bad :lol: - CTDP '06 is not quite suitable for online racing because of it's complexity and upgrades and stuff like that. I enjoy playing it offline every once in a while but I don't think it's suitable for driving online.
On the other hand, we haven't tried the league token. That could perhaps simplify things a lot but our league had a finished package and we were ready to go before the league token was released, so there was no real use in getting it. :D

Perhaps someone else here can tell you more about the league token as I haven't been involved in the 2006 mod. ;)

Hope I could help you.
mediocre
Fanboy

Postby Enriko » Wed Aug 05, 2009 9:12 am

Hope you mean League physic with League token... :) But we will use Real physic, so every car will be the same as in the real life, no same cars.

There are basic setups for track for every car, so if somebody dont want to change the car setup, no need to do it...

Do you still have web site or not?
Enriko
Asphaltnuckel

Postby mediocre » Wed Aug 05, 2009 9:26 am

Enriko wrote:Do you still have web site or not?

www.irc-racing.de
mediocre
Fanboy

Return to CTDP Modifications & Plugins