CTDPworld Forums

The community, the place to discuss

Skip to content

rfDynHUD feature requests

Got a problem with your mod? Painting your own skin? Wanna know what a ambient occlusion is?

Moderators: CoDan, BMWfan, Dahie, Marvin

Re: rfDynHUD feature requests

Postby Marvin » Fri Oct 01, 2010 10:40 am

Nice idea. I will see, if I put this into the next release or keep it in mind for a later update.

Apart from the warning images, do you know the weight display in the FuelWidget? The vehicle's weight and yours will stay more or less the same (apart from some sweat, which is not simulated ;)).

Marvin
Marvin
Fanboy

Postby Zero » Sat Oct 02, 2010 3:08 am

Marvin wrote:Nice idea. I will see, if I put this into the next release or keep it in mind for a later update.

Apart from the warning images, do you know the weight display in the FuelWidget? The vehicle's weight and yours will stay more or less the same (apart from some sweat, which is not simulated ;)).

Marvin

Yes. This is what gave me the idea. It would be great if you could tie the alerts into the fuel weight instead of making a separate one. I imagine it would save a lot of work and would just require an extra length down the side of the widget. Like so:

Perhaps just control alert points by remaining fuel weight?
Zero
Asphaltnuckel

Postby Marvin » Sat Oct 02, 2010 3:59 am

I think, I have a simpler solution. The new FuelWidget already features the ability to define an image for the fuel bar. You could use an image, that is separated into four colored parts. Would this be fine for you?

Marvin
Marvin
Fanboy

Postby Zero » Sat Oct 02, 2010 4:02 am

Marvin wrote:I think, I have a simpler solution. The new FuelWidget already features the ability to define an image for the fuel bar. You could use an image, that is separated into four colored parts. Would this be fine for you?

Marvin

Perfect! :D
Zero
Asphaltnuckel

Postby purelax99@gmail.com » Thu Oct 28, 2010 5:26 am

First of all I want to say that I LOVE this plugin....but I haven't been able to use it since upgrading to 3 screens :( Please try to make this plugin compatible with softth

Shift lights with gear dependent shift points would be nice too, since optimal shift points are different in each gear.
purelax99@gmail.com
Asphaltnuckel

Postby Marvin » Thu Oct 28, 2010 10:56 am

purelax99@gmail.com wrote:Please try to make this plugin compatible with softth

It will be compatible with three screens. Though I don't know about softth.

purelax99@gmail.com wrote:Shift lights with gear dependent shift points would be nice too, since optimal shift points are different in each gear.

This won't make it into the next release. Sorry. I am a day before the beta phase or so and am already in feature freeze.

Marvin
Marvin
Fanboy

Postby purelax99@gmail.com » Thu Oct 28, 2010 8:16 pm

I'm not sure what the softth issue is, but some discussion of it is going on here.

http://www.kegetys.net/forum/index.php?topic=2240.0

Thanks for continuing to improve your plugin and listening to the suggestions of other people.
purelax99@gmail.com
Asphaltnuckel

Postby Marvin » Thu Oct 28, 2010 10:06 pm

The dll-chaining should be solved in the new version. But you can tell them, that it is not a good idea to put rfDynHUD in a different folder. 1. rfDynHUD relies on the folder structure it is installed to by default. 2. rfDynHUD doesn't explicitly call the d3d9.dll, but rFactor does (loads it) and rfDynHUD is started through this dll. Hackish, but unfortunately necessary.

Marvin
Marvin
Fanboy

Postby newtonpg » Fri Dec 17, 2010 6:51 pm

Marvin wrote:
Novis wrote:- Rpm range or starting point of rpm

What do you need a starting point for? RPMs always start at zero.

The new version supports using the the absolute RPM maximum (boolrean property) to draw the rev markers. So, if your vehicle has a setup variable rev limit and this flag is enabled, the markers and the range will always be the same, no matter, what you set the rev limit to. This enables you to use hardcoded markers in the background image.

Possibly this already solves your problem. If not, please tell me more about this whish. Marvin

First of all, huge thanks for this plugin! I love it.

I´d prefer the rev markers begin at MaxTorque, ending at MaxPower instead of absolute RPM Max or am I conceptually wrong with this choice?

If that can´t be implemented, please mantain the option to edit "lights" as in the current version.
newtonpg
Asphaltnuckel

Previous

Return to Modding & Development